Traditional Iranian Saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati-e Irani). Yes, Iranian Ice Cream is typically made with vanilla, saffron as well as rose water. I used a very simple way to achieve this with already made vanilla ice cream with out the use of an ice cream machine. Iranians prefer to enjoy it in individual bowls, sprinkled.
Bastani often contains flakes of frozen clotted cream. Sometimes, salep is included as an ingredient. Learn to make fragrant Persian rosewater-and-saffron ice cream called bastani at Food & Wine. You can have Traditional Iranian Saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati-e Irani) using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Traditional Iranian Saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati-e Irani)
- Prepare 2 litres of Vanilla ice cream.
- You need 150 ml of double cream/heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 115 ml of rose water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of steamed saffron (add a few saffron threads in a mug, pour 2-3 tbsp boiled water and dissolve in water).
- Prepare of Unsalted crushed pistachios, as much as you like.
- You need of Wafer or ice cream cones.
Pour the custard base into an ice cream maker and freeze according to the manufacturer's instructions. Bastani Sonnati, Traditional Persian Ice Cream with the touch of rose water & blend of saffron & pistachio flakes, totally a different ice cream experience. Iranian Saffron known as the "red gold", saffron is a magical ingredient in Persian culture, from aromatic foods and colorful desserts, to the physical They enjoy it in the flavorful saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati) in hot days of summer, or serve it in bowls of sweet rice pudding (Sholeh Zard) in. Yes, Iranian Ice Cream is typically made with vanilla, saffron as well as rose water.
Traditional Iranian Saffron ice cream (Bastani Sonnati-e Irani) instructions
- Use a baking tray and line with parchment paper. Pour the cream on it and evenly spread it. Place it in the freezer and let it is freeze..
- Chop pistachios into samller pieces. Set ice cream out of freeze and allow to thaw in room temperature..
- Add 2tbsp steamed saffron, 115ml rose water and some of crushed pistachios to softened ice cream..
- Use a spoon and stir all ingredients completely. Next, chop up the frozen cream into small or medium pieces. Then, very fast (as frozen cream starts to melt very quick) add them to ice cream and give a good and quick stir to all ingredients..
- Sprinkle remaining of crushed pistachios top of the ice cream. Place the ice cream in the freezer and let it harden and freeze for 3-4 hours. Serve scoops in bowls or scoop into cones or wafers..
I used a very simple way to achieve this with already made vanilla ice cream with out the use of an ice cream machine. Bastani sonnati or simply bastani, is an Iranian ice cream made from milk, eggs, sugar, rose water, saffron, vanilla, and pistachios. It is widely known as Persian ice cream. Salep is also sometimes included as an ingredient. The rose water and saffron go great together, without overpowering each other.