Red Velvet Whoopie Pie. Find Deals on Red Velvet Whoopie Pies in Snack Food on Amazon. Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Red Velvet Whoopie Pie. Beat in eggs, sour cream, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla.
How Do You Store Red Velvet Whoopie Pies? Red velvet sandwich cookies should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They need to be kept cold due to the cream cheese in the filling of the cookies. You can cook Red Velvet Whoopie Pie using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Whoopie Pie
- Prepare 295 of Grams Flour.
- Prepare 30 Grams of Cocoa Powder.
- It’s 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- You need 1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1/4 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 170 Grams of Butter.
- It’s 200 Grams of Caster Sugar.
- You need 1 of Easter.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence.
- You need 180 Millilitres of Buttermilk.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Red Food Color.
- It’s 5 Tablespoons of Flour.
- It’s 1 Cup of Milk.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract.
- You need 226 Grams of Butter.
- Prepare 225 Grams of Caster Sugar.
If you ever notice that the cookies don't seem right, they may have spoiled. Use a peppermint filling (and maybe roll in green sanding sugar) for a perfect Christmas dessert. Make the batter in a cake pan and then cut out heart shapes and fill to amp up the Valentine's factor! Red velvet whoopie pies are sure to have all my gal pals swooning.
Red Velvet Whoopie Pie step by step
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 mts.
- Beat in the egg and the vanilla extract.
- In a small cup, mix together the buttermilk and the red food coloring.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture (from step 2) and buttermilk mixture (from step 5) alternatively in 3 additions, starting and ending with flour. Mix till no streaks of flour remain.
- Using an ice cream scoop preferably, drop scoops of the batter onto the prepared cookie tray spacing them about 1.5inches apart. With the back of a spoon smooth the top of the batter.
- Bake for 9 to 10 mts. Remove from oven and cool completely on a cooling rack.
- To make the creamy filling, heat the milk on low flame till small bubbles start appearing along the side. Whisk the flour into the milk stirring continuously till it becomes very thick..
- Remove the mixture from the heat and allow to cool completely to room temperature. Once the mixture is cooled completely, stir in the vanilla.
- Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the mixture from step 10 and beat until it resembles whipped cream.
- Pipe the creamy filling onto a cooled cookie and sandwich with another cookie.
Tessa and I will call you when we make these and have a virtual gal pal moment! Heart-shaped Red Velvet Whoopie Pies is the perfect dessert for Valentine's Day and easy homemade Valentine's gift. These cute, heart-shaped whoopie pies taste just like delicious red velvet cake but in a smaller, more portable form. This recipe came about because my older sister requested 'anything red velvet' when I was baking for the family but I didn't have enough time to make a full cake. What that brief turned into was a delightful bite sized treat perfect to add a dash of colour to an afternoon tea tray..