Vickys Easter Bonnet Cookie Decorating Idea. Great recipe for Vickys Easter Bonnet Cookie Decorating Idea. Perfect for birthday treats, bachelorette parties. Our beautiful Easter table decorations and centerpieces are the perfect way to prepare for any spring get-together.
I made cute Easter Bunny Cookies with a fun twist. I made ears to look like carrots. In this video I show you how to decorate this Easter Bunny Cookie with. You can cook Vickys Easter Bonnet Cookie Decorating Idea using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Easter Bonnet Cookie Decorating Idea
- You need of Vickys Iced & Spiced Cookie recipe from my recipe list.
- Prepare of round cookie cutters, 2 different diameter sizes.
- It’s of icing – see my royal icing recipe.
- You need of food colouring as desired.
- Prepare of cake decorations – silver balls, sprinkles etc.
Easter Bonnet ideas and inspiration for kids. Ways to decorate Easter hats for both boys and girls of all ages, not just traditional ones. Easter is approaching, with some schools and kindies celebrating this special time of year with Easter Bonnet parades. Anyone would be proud to wear an Easter bonnet like this in the Easter parade!
Vickys Easter Bonnet Cookie Decorating Idea instructions
- Make up my Iced & Spiced cookie dough according to the recipe directions. You'll find it in my profile. The whole amount will make around 24 cookies.
- After chilling, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Using the larger of the cutters, cut out 12 large discs (the recipe will allow more if you want to make more). Bake as according to the recipe, for around 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Ball up and roll out the dough again. Using the smaller cutter, cut out the same number in little discs and bake at given temp for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Using a little plain icing, stick the small discs on top of the larger ones in the centre.
- Colour more icing and spoon it gently over the whole bonnet. Don't make the icing too thin!.
- Now decorate with sprinkles, sugarpaste flowers, glitter sugar, fruit leather, anything you like to make a pretty easter bonnet!.
- Any leftover cookie dough can be frozen for later use.
Children will enjoy decorating their own and adding their own personality. You will need: A straw hat Ribbon Fabric flowers (you could also use pompom chicks, polystyrene eggs etc) Fabric glue. This is the perfect Easter bonnet idea for toddlers and preschoolers – not too much detail that they can pull off and play with, but still a serious cute factor! Oval shaped cookies become Easter eggs very easily! Adding a little bit of text is easy enough and people will love having their own Cut your cookies into egg shapes, ice them with white for a clear background, and use bright edible markers to decorate them.