Vegan koulourakia with apple purée. Vegan koulourakia with apple purée Tasty, easy and fragrant koulourakia (cookies) for your coffee!! Moreover, they are vegan and you can have them when fasting!! Tasty, easy and fragrant koulourakia (cookies) for your coffee!!
These koulourakia (cookies) are similar to sweet puff pastry cookies, amazing, not too sweet for your coffee or. Vegan Rice Pudding with Apple Purée. Have you ever noticed how certain foods can bring back so many memories? You can have Vegan koulourakia with apple purée using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan koulourakia with apple purée
- It’s 1 cup of apple or pear purée (just put the fruit in a food processor until you have a pulp).
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of oil.
- It’s 4 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pistachios or walnuts.
- You need 1 of little salt.
- It’s 700 g of self-rising flour.
This is one of the many reasons I love cooking so much. Last week I made a Rice Pudding with Apple Puree recipe I used to eat with my dad when I was a kid, we both loved it, it was one of my favourite dishes and until this day it still. Let them cool on a baking rack and enjoy! Finding apple purée that is completely added sugar free is actually really hard.
Vegan koulourakia with apple purée step by step
- Beat the sugar together with the oil well..
- Add the rest of the ingredients, except the self-rising flour and beat until fluffy..
- Add the salt to the self-rising flour and then add it little by little to the rest of the ingredients, kneading to a soft dough that doesn't stick to your hands..
- Form your koulourakia to various shapes and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about half an hour..
And trust me, the homemade version is a million times better, because it really tastes like fresh apples and because it contains no added sugars or nasty preservatives. Blitz to a purée in a food processor along with a very small pinch of cinnamon, if using. To make the Koulourakia, take a generous tablespoon of the mixture and form a ball. Fold in half and twist the strings together three times. Place on a baking tray with a small gap between each cookie.