Koulourakia with wholemeal flour and raisins. Have fun with the whole family kneading the koulourakia into braids, boats, little 'S's just like in the photos below! The fluffiest and crunchiest traditional Greek Easter cookies recipe (koulourakia) you have ever made! These sweet little Greek Easter cookies are super quick to bake, so much fun to.
The Best Wholemeal Flour Recipes on Yummly Alfajores (Dulce de Leche Sandwich Cookies)On dine chez Nanou. Bran and germ are retained during processing, making wholemeal flour higher in fibre and more nutritious than white flour. You can have Koulourakia with wholemeal flour and raisins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Koulourakia with wholemeal flour and raisins
- Prepare 300 g of Flora Buttery spread at room temperature.
- Prepare 200 g of sugar.
- Prepare 50 g of honey.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 10 g of baking soda.
- You need 50 g of yogurt.
- You need 40 g of tsipouro (traditional Greek pomace brandy).
- You need 80 g of raisins.
- You need 400 g of flour.
- Prepare 450 g of wholemeal flour For brushing.
- Prepare of For brushing.
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
It is popular due to increased interest in less refined foods, but. Koulourakia are traditional cookies made in Greece for Easter. As for as the history of Koulourakia (κουλουράκια) (aka Greek easter cookies), I couldn't find any concrete evidence, but I remember when I was small, my grandparents told me that they had been around for hundreds of years, so we'll just go. This koulourakia recipe is a greek cookie like recipe traditionally baked and served as a dessert during easter.
Koulourakia with wholemeal flour and raisins instructions
- Use a stand mixer to cream the Flora buttery spread together with the sugar..
- In the meantime, place the eggs, the honey, the vanilla, the yogurt and the tsipouro in a large bowl, whisk well to combine and then add this mixture to the one of the stand mixer..
- Add the flours little by little folding them into the batter by hand and then add the raisins. When everything is incorporated, cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for 1 hour..
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a sheet pan with greaseproof paper..
- Form the koulourakia in the shapes that you like and spread them out in the sheet pan..
- Brush each one with the beaten egg and bake for about 20 minutes..
- Remove them from the baking sheet and when they cool, store them in an airtight container..
I swap plain SR flour for wholemeal SR flour when I want to be healthy (!) and orange or coconut essence instead of vanilla. These Oatmeal Raisin Cookies are simple and packed with homemade goodness. They are wonderfully thick, soft, chewy and loaded with wholesome rolled oats, sweet. Braid or shape your cookies and put onto a lined baking sheet (parchment paper). Scramble an egg and lightly brush the egg onto each cookie.