Easter cookies nest.
You can cook Easter cookies nest using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easter cookies nest
- You need 1 kg of cake flour.
- You need 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 250 g of butter, cubed.
- Prepare 400 g of sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs + 1 for brushing.
- You need 4 of vanillins (powder).
- You need of zest of one orange.
- Prepare 100 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Prepare 100 ml of fresh milk.
Easter cookies nest step by step
- Gather all the ingredients you will use..
- Sift the flour and the baking powder in a bowl..
- Add the salt..
- Beat the butter and sugar with a mixer until they become creamy..
- Add the eggs one by one while beating..
- Add the vanillin powder….
- And the zest..
- Carry on with the milk.
- And the juice..
- Gradually add the flour and work the dough by hand until you get a soft dough that just unsticks from your hands..
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and leave in the fridge to rest for about 30 minutes..
- Wrap the exterior of the bowl in aluminum foil and form long thin strings with the dough. If it sticks don't add any more flour, just dust the surface you are working on..
- Place them in horizontal and vertical lines so as to form a grid. Make sure they are about half a centimeter apart..
- Beat the egg and brush the strings. Bake for about 20 minutes at 180°C..
- Remove from the oven, let it cool, carefully remove the aluminum foil, and bake again, this time with the base of the nest on the baking tray, for an additional 5 minutes so that it gets golden brown on the inside as well..
- Fill it with anything you like….