Unique Easter koulourakia. The fluffiest and crunchiest Greek Easter cookies (koulourakia) you have ever tasted! These sweet little Greek Easter cookies are super quick to bake, so much fun to make and highly addictive to eat! Here's an authentic recipe for Easter koulourakia.
Koulourakia are a traditional Greek dessert, typically made around Easter to be eaten after Holy Saturday. They have a sweet delicate flavor with a hint of vanilla. Koulourakia are vanilla and orange scented cookies, crispy outside and soft inside, not overly sweet but full in flavor. You can cook Unique Easter koulourakia using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Unique Easter koulourakia
- It’s 430 g of sugar.
- Prepare 8 of egg yolks and 5 egg whites.
- Prepare 150 g of clarified butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 24 g of baker's ammonia.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2-3 tsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 kg of all purpos flour (and a little more if necessary).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of tepid milk.
Koulourakia are traditional Greek Easter cookies that are infused with orange zest and perfect for dunking in coffee. Use baking ammonia for a fully authentic cookie! Koulourakia were traditionally considered to be Easter cookies, since they A traditional Koulourakia recipe will actually include baking ammonia, which as you probably know is a leavening agent. Your Koulourakia taste like the version we brought home from Greece.
Unique Easter koulourakia step by step
- Beat the sugar and egg yolks until they turn light..
- Beat the egg whites to a stiff meringue..
- Add the baking soda dissolved in the lemon juice, the baker's ammonia dissolved in the tepid milk and the vanilla into the mixer's bowl..
- Move the mixture into the bowl you will knead them in and then add the meringue softly folding it in using a silicone spatula..
- When the meringue is fully incrorporated start adding the flour gradually. The mixture is sticky..
- Dip your hands into the melted butter and knead the dough until you run out of butter and you have an average dough that you set aside for 30 minutes to rest..
- Form the koulourakia into any shape you like and bake in the oven until golden brown. Don't use a lot of dough for each koulouraki because they rise and you want cookies not mini breads..
I have searched through countless church cookbooks in order. EASTER RECIPES: Two coloured Twisted Easter Cookies- Δίχρωμα Πασχαλινά Κουλουράκια (Dixrwma Pasxalina Koulourakia)!!! These are the best Easter Sunday special breakfast for kids! Koulourakia are traditional cookies made in Greece for Easter. I was really in a hurry to finish up writing this And right in the center, you find a basket filled with the Greek Koulourakia (these Greek Easter.