Classic Shortbread Cookies.
You can have Classic Shortbread Cookies using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Shortbread Cookies
- It’s 1/2 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 2 cup of flour.
Classic Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Start by getting out 2 bowls. Medium size..
- In the first bowl , cream the butter.
- In the same bowl mix in vanilla until well blended..
- In the second bowl mix together the flour and icing sugar..
- Pour the dry mix into the wet mix bowl ..
- Once mixed all together, the roll out onto floured surface with floured rolling pin ( 1/4 inch thick ) then cut into small circles ( about the size of the interior of a shot glass ) or cut with your favorite cookie cutter..
- Place the cut out cookies on baking pans and place in freezer to chill for at least 2 hours. You can even leave in overnight..
- Once chilled then heat up oven to 300°f – 325°f.
- Place cookies on Un-greased cookie sheets and bake for 15-18 mins or until bottoms are golden brown..
- Remove and let cool completely on baking sheet then add icing, chocolate, sprinkles, or whatever you love to decorate with ..
- Enjoy !!.