Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies. Toasted Coconut Shortbread Cookies, for the coconut lovers! Yesterday afternoon I visited my former work colleagues in the Registrar's Office at Memorial University for sort of a "private" book signing of my new cookbook. These Coconut Shortbread Cookies are so easy to make.
The coconut flavor makes them extra special. Remove to wire racks to cool. These Coconut Straciatella Shortbread Cookies are the answer! You can cook Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies using 10 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies
- You need 12 ounces of unsalted butter, at room temperature (3 sticks).
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of large egg lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg wash).
- Prepare 7 ounces of seeetened flaked coconut.
- It’s of about 32 chocolate small eggs, I used Ghirdelli chocolate mini m.
- You need of for white chocolate drizzle.
- It’s 4 ounces of white chocolate, melted, for best results don't use chi.
With a tender crunch and tons of chocolate and coconut flavor, they're dairy-free and sturdy enough to withstand the journey. Coconut Cookies. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. For a twist, roll the cookies in lime-infused sugar. I like to stamp my shortbread with springerle molds to make them extra special.
Coconut Shortbread Easter Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap and have ready the chocolate mini eggs.
- Whisk in a bowl the flour and salt.
- In another large bowl beat butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Beat flour in slowly and beat just until it forms a dough and all flour is incorperated. Press dough into a mass woth your hands.
- Roll the dough into golf size balls. Roll in egg wash.
- Roll in coconut to cover.
- Place on prepared pans and bake 20 to 25 minutes until golden.
- When they come out of the oven gently press a chocolate egg in the center of each cookie.
- Transfer to a rack tocool completely.
- Finish cookies.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over cookies and allow to dry.
There is something comforting about a homemade cookie that kind of makes up for all the rain, clouds and below-acceptable temperatures that the next six months will bring. These Coconut Flour Shortbread Cookies are one recipe you will want to add into your recipe box. Or maybe you just want a nice little treat to enjoy a hot Paleo latte with during Sunday. Decorating Easter biscuits is a great way to spend the holidays with the kids or just to brush up on your own skills. The original recipe was double Loooove coconut and those cookies are too cute.