Snickerdoodles. This snickerdoodle cookie recipe makes treats that are perfectly soft in the middle with a bit of crunch around the edges. The sweet cinnamon-sugar coating makes them a sure crowd-pleaser! Learn how to make these amazing old-fashioned snickerdoodles with or without cream of tartar.
Like a sugar cookie wrapped in a cinnamon sugar hug, these My recipe yields the softest and thickest snickerdoodles you'll ever taste. You Are Going To Love This Easy Snickerdoodle Recipe! Super Soft And Full Of Cinnamon – This Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe Is Sure To Be A Hit! You can have Snickerdoodles using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of shortening (do not substitute).
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 3/4 cups of flour all purpose.
- It’s 2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
They're One Of Our Most Requested Cookie Recipes And Always Get So Many Compliments! To me, Snickerdoodles are the quintessential Christmas cookie. Most of all, snickerdoodles remind me of baking with my mom around the holidays, and therefore will always be the top cookie in my book. The BEST Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever!
Snickerdoodles step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream the shortening and sugar til fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla..
- In a bowl measure out your flour, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Mix it with a spoon..
- Add your flour mixture to the wet ingredients in about 3 batches so the flour mixes well. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 an hour. Mix the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl..
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment or spray with cooking spray. Roll rounded tsp fulls in your hand into balls, then into your cinnamon sugar. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Do not press down on them..
- Bake for about 8 minutes until set and top is crackled. Don’t over bake them. Cool on racks and enjoy!.
Soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies loaded with cinnamon-sugar. No chilling required so they can be made QUICK! A snickerdoodle cookie recipe that is thin and chewy and coated with cinnamon sugar. These snickerdoodle cookies are super easy to make, and they're a great treat to celebrate National Cookie Month this October! Snickerdoodle — A snickerdoodle is a sugar cookie rolled in cinnamon sugar.