Toffee Squares. Yummy, chocolatey, and addictive, these chocolate toffee squares are ideal treats for the movie-night in or a day trip away. They are easy to make and you can enrich the chocolate flavor with your favorite. These little toffee squares make a great addition to a holiday gift basket or tin.
Toffee Turtle Squares Recipe photo by Taste of Home. These toffee squares was among the recipes that Sam had bookmarked. These wonderful cookies contain no eggs. You can cook Toffee Squares using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Toffee Squares
- Prepare 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg yolk.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 7-8 ounces of milk chocolate, broken into pieces, or 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips.
- You need 1 cup of chopped almonds, toasted (optional).
A topping of chocolate, toasted coconut and almonds provides the perfect finish. Next up, I'm thinking I need to post a nice, salty soup recipe. Immediately place separated squares of chocolate on top. Let stand until soft; spread evenly over entire surface.
Toffee Squares instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment..
- Prepare the crust. In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium speed until light, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg yolk, vanilla, and salt. On low speed, gradually beat in the flour just until mixed. The dough will be stiff. Pat the dough evenly over the bottom of the baking pan..
- Bake in the center of the oven until pale gold on top, about 20 minutes..
- Remove the pan from the oven and scatter the chocolate pieces evenly over the crust. Return the pan to the oven for 1 minute. Remove the pan again and, using a knife, spread the chocolate evenly over the crust. Sprinkle evenly with the almonds if desired..
- Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Then gently lift the parchment so that the bars can be placed on a flat cutting surface. Using a sharp knife, cut into small squares..
Salted Toffee-Chocolate Squares. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Chocolate Toffee Squares: incredibly addictive and seriously one of the easiest bars you'll ever make. Just five ingredients you likely have on hand. I make videos of baking, DIYs and cover hope you like my channel This was my video of toffee squares I got this recipe from a cookbook hope you guys liked. Chop them by hand or place the bars in the food processor and pulse.