Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies. I'll share my secrets to getting bakery perfection! If you're sitting there thinking, 'Well how much of a difference can it really make?' I will tell you. so much difference! These cookies aren't just epic, but also life-changing.
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. Looking for something a bit faster and less labor-intensive? Try these quick and easy chocolate chip cookies, instead. You can have Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of bread flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt(I use 1/4 tsp).
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 cup (2 sticks) of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2-3 tablespoons of cold water.
- It’s 1 cup of dark brown sugar(I used half of cup).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar (I used 1/4 cup).
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of espresso powder.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
- You need 1 of large egg yolk.
- You need 5 ounces of dark chocolate, chopped.
Make jumbo cookies—use a measuring cup or cookie/ice cream scoop to scoop dough. BEAT shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl with mixer on medium speed until well blended. Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into shortening mixture until just blended.
Ultimate brown butter chocolate chip cookies instructions
- To make brown butter, just toss it in a sauce pan, and bring it to a boil. After a few minutes of boiling, the milk solids in the butter are going to toast and turn brown. Remove from the heat and pour into a liquid measuring cup to stop the cooking. Give it a stir and add 2-3 tablespoons of cold water to the butter to bring it back up to 1 cup of liquid. Set aside to cool to room temperature. This butter will give a rich, nutty flavor to the cookies..
- Mix dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, salt and sift..
- In a large bowl, add the sugars, vanilla, espresso powder, and cooled brown butter. Cream together with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add the egg and yolk and beat until incorporated. Add the dry ingredients, about ⅓ of the mixture at a time, and beat between additions until just incorporated. It’s okay for there to be a bit of unmixed flour on the edge of bowl, this will be incorporated in the next step..
- Using a spatula to fold the chocolate chips and chunks into the dough.
- Scoop the cookies onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. For optimal flavor, cover and refrigerate for 1h or better overnight like I did..
- Bake in a preheated oven 180oC for 12-14 minutes..
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack..
Whisk flour, salt, and baking soda in a small bowl; set aside. I almost want to call these my best chocolate chip cookies ever. They're just a notch below my "worst" chocolate chip cookies (nothing can top those life ruiners), so I think calling them the best might be fair. But for me, this cookies are perfect for several reasons : Firstly, they have golden crunchy edges yet are still soft in the middle. Secondly, the cookie dough has a toasted caramel-like flavour that contrasts perfectly with the dark chocolate.