Cinnamon lemon cookies. Bite Into The Yum Crispy Cinnamon Sugar Cookies As You Sip Your Tea. In a seperate bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. Roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
Where has this recipe been all my life? Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside. The cinnamon/sugar mixture was just right – not too cinnamon-y and enough to cover all the cookies. You can have Cinnamon lemon cookies using 9 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cinnamon lemon cookies
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter or margarine. Softened.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of grated lemon peel (I grate a whole medium lemon because we love the flavor). Please do not use concentrated lemon juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
Not a bad tasting cookie at all, but if you're looking for the cookie to reflect its name I'd increase the cinnamon significantly. Bottom line, I suppose I could play around with this even more to resolve some of its issues, but a good, well-written recipe should require no changes. Add the lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and allspice. Beat in the egg, and mix well.
Cinnamon lemon cookies instructions
- To my beautiful children. Read the whole recipe first, check cabinet for supplies and then start. I’m watching you..
- Also since I live in a mountain state I have to use high altitude flour in lieu of all purpose. Which means my cookies are a little flat but they are Still very tasty..
- In a mixing bowl cream together sugar and butter. Beat in eggs and vanilla..
- Creaming is the art of mixing until smooth. Not just blending. So keep On mixing until the color changes to light yellow..
- Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, lemon peel and salt. Add flour to butter mixture. Hand Blend well. Get all the crumbs from the bottom too. The dough will be fairly stiff..
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours. No cheating..
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make cinnamon sugar. Mix 1/4 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. You won’t use all this so save the rest for toast during the week..
- Shape into small balls about 3/4 of an inch in diameter. I am really bad about making sure all of the balls are the same size so just do your best..
- Roll balls in cinnamon sugar to coat..
- Lightly grease 2 cookie sheets and set cookies 1” apart. They will spread so make sure you give them a little growing room. Oh and be careful they roll around as you are trying to put them in the oven..
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly and remove from pan to cooling rack..
- And as always bake with love. Your baking relationship will thank you for it..
- Note – these cookies taste much like snickerdoodles with a zing of lemon. They are absolutely delicious but only keep for about two days so eat them quickly..
Combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Gradually add to the creamed mixture, beating well. Add the oats, and mix well. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets coated with cooking spray. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.