Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices. Striped Roll Cake with chocolate filling and tangerines. Sponge rolls with jam and a slice of orange on white plates. background. This Fall Spice Swiss Roll is the perfect way to celebrate Halloween and the colder winter months.
This spiced cookie has a real kick of ginger, similar to traditional German lebkuchen. If you don't have crystallized ginger, use colored sprinkles. Let logs thaw out slightly before slicing. You can cook Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices
- Prepare 1 stick of butter (softened).
- It’s 1/2 cup of shortening (I use crisco).
- You need 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar (packed).
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
To our valued customers, We regret that due to technical challenges caused by new regulations in Europe, we can for the time being no longer accept orders from the European Union. Cookie Clicker is an incremental game. /r/cookieclicker is here to help you make more cookies. Questions that are answered elsewhere may be deleted. Only posts related to Cookie Clicker are allowed.
Spiced Swiss roll cookie slices step by step
- Beat butter and shortening.
- Add 1 1/8 cup flour, both sugars, egg, spices, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Beat well.
- Add remaining flour (1 1/8 cup).
- Roll dough into a 7 x2 in roll.
- Rap your roll with tin foil or press and seal.
- Refrigerate for 5-24 hours (I only did 4).
- Slice the roll into thick cookie slices.
- Bake at 375 for 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack and….
- Notes: refrigerating is very important in this recipe! Do not skip it! When cutting your Swiss roll into cookie slices, use a sharp knife and a sawing motion. (Back and forth). If at first your mixture won’t hold together, add 1 tablespoon of milk!.
- Optional additions: add sliced almond slices. Top with jelly. Eat raw (don’t add egg). Add canned mandarin oranges. Add nuts of your choice..
Vanilla Swiss roll cake is fluffy as cloud and light as snow. This cake represents everything good, soft, spongy Vanilla Swiss roll can is so delicate. The sponge cake fluffs up with extraordinary elegance by soaking moisture from the light whipped cream making every slice so light and airy. Spice cookies are a great tasting spicy almond cookie that is crisp and crunchy. These Spice Cookies are delicious with their hard and crunchy texture.