Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies. Finally, after many days and nights of Despite their appearance, these gigantic cookies are much, much, more than your standard chocolate chip cookie. It won't be creamy like a normal cookie batter. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and mix until combined.
Dust cutout cookies with powdered sugar. Stir jelly to smooth, turn remaining cookies over, and spread each with ¾ tsp. If you love cookies, like I love cookies, you are going to love this recipe. You can cook Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies
- You need 1 1/2 sticks of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 of tap salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 3 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of burbon.
If you like spice cake, you'll love this recipe! Where's the full recipe – why can I only see the ingredients? Always check the publication for a full list of ingredients. A must bake for the holiday season!
Brown Butter Bourbon Spice Cookies step by step
- Pre heat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice until blended well together..
- To brown butter, place small pieces in a small sauce pan over medium heat. When butter begins to foam stir with wire whisk constantly. The color will begin to change and you'll see some brown flakes on the bottom of the pan. Continue to stir until the butter has a nutty fragrance and is golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir until the foam subsides. The whole process takes like 10-12 minutes. Have patience!.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add all of the sugars, along with the cooled brown butter and using the paddle attachment mix until well blended. It wont be creamy like other cookie doughs. Add the egg and egg yolk and vanilla and mix until well combined. With the mixer on low, add the burbon until well mixed..
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients and just mix until incorporated. Using a cookie scoop, scoop the dough on the prepared baking sheets. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are just done on the edges..
- Cool for about 5 minutes before transferring cookies to wire rack..
Do you think adding bourbon to these cookies would work well? These cookies aren't just epic, but also life-changing. We roll it out thick, stamp it like a boss and then drizzle with the simplest spiced maple glaze. The key to not losing the details of the stamp is giving this cookie ample freezer time and. Take your recipes up a notch with the nutty aroma of browned.