Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies. These Yummy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Made With Real Chocolate. Stir in the chocolate chips and crushed peppermint using a wooden spoon until evenly distributed. Some things to note about these Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies: Too much candy cane near the edges of the cookie will run.
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. dark chocolate peppermint shortbread cookie, made in Hawaii These dark chocolate peppermint bark cookies are one of my favorite ways to share holiday cookies with neighbors! These cookies and the Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies are from the same cookie recipe, but it's amazing how different the chips make them. Beat in egg, then stir in vanilla and peppermint extracts. You can have Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
- Prepare 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of 100% cocoa powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of coarse salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cold unsalted butter or room temperature cubed (1 stick).
- It’s 3/4 cup of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 tsp of peppermint extract.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of divided peppermint chips and chocolate chips.
Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Add chocolate chips for double the chocolate flavor. The chocolate chip cookie recipe is simple and straightforward. The only special ingredient you need is the peppermint bark!
Dark Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper..
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside..
- In the bowl of stand mixer (or using a hand mixer) combine the butter and sugar. Beat on medium high speed until light and fluffy 2-3 minutes. Add the egg and peppermint extract. Beat until well combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed..
- With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips..
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon or use a cookie scoop. Roll into a ball. Slightly flatten the ball and press the top of the dough add more chocolate chips if you want. Place on prepared cookie sheet 1½ inches apart..
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until edges are firm and the center is still soft. Let cool on the cookie sheet 5-10 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely..
Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Dark chocolate peppermint cookies Rather than white chocolate, dip each cookie in melted dark chocolate. Dark Chocolate Peppermint What's more festive than chocolate and peppermint?! Dipped in velvety smooth white chocolate and enrobed with premium ingredients, it's like giving yourself a present! These are the ultimate chocolate cookies.