Persimmon Cookies. Great For Lunchboxes, After School, Or On-The-Go. Get A Bite Of Real Chocolate Chips! Little Bites® Cookies Are The Perfect Portion of Happiness.
Place all in a plastic bag and seal for one week. Persimmons will be firm, but sweet. This is a stellar recipe for hachiya persimmon cookies! You can have Persimmon Cookies using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Persimmon Cookies
- Prepare 2 Cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 Cup of butter or margarine (room temperature).
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 Cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 of all spice.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1 of glob of honey.
- Prepare 1 Cup of diced persimmon.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried cranberries.
- You need 1/2 Cup of pecan pieces.
I'm bringing these to my family's Thanksgiving festivities because they are an incredible hit with my neighbors (who I share in the bounty of my backyard persimmon tree) and with my co-workers. This is the first time I'd ever tasted let alone made persimmon cookies and I will be making them again. Expect a pumpkin pie like taste and you will be delightfully surprised! Didn't ruin the texture at all.
Persimmon Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Line sheet with parchment paper..
- Sift flour, salt, spices, and baking soda.
- In separate bowl cream sugar and butter together. Add egg and vanilla. Slowly mix into flour mixture..
- Mix persimmon, cranberries, honey, pecans together then gently fold into batter..
- Scoop batter into balls and place them evenly spaced on baking sheet..
- Baking at 350 for 14 minutes or until the edges are golden brown..
- Let cool on baking sheet.
Grease or line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Add the persimmon pulp and egg. Sift together the flour, soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Combine dry ingredients with persimmon mixture and blend well.