Banana Bars. Beat in the eggs, bananas and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and sugar until smooth.
Banana Bars—Extra Flourishes for an Over-the-Top Dessert. Baking with bananas always seem to make a great tasting, moist recipe. From Fluffy Banana Cake with Banana Filling, Flourless Banana Pancakes, and Chunky Monkey Cake, ripe bananas don't stand a chance at our house. You can cook Banana Bars using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana Bars
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick).
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Vanilla.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 cups of sugar.
- It’s 3-4 of really ripe bananas.
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need to taste of Salt.
This Banana Bars recipe is coming out on top, though. First of all, if you have ripe bananas, chances are you have everything on hand to make this dessert NOW! Chocolate Chip Banana Bars are a simple & delicious banana bar recipe that's even better than banana bread! Great for breakfast, lunch and snacks in between.
Banana Bars instructions
- Combine butter, sugar, eggs, bananas, and vanilla and cream it..
- Mix flour and baking soda and salt; then add to wet ingredients..
- Mix well till you have a cake batter consistency and appearance..
- Bake in a greased pan at 350 for 30-35 minutes..
The BEST Banana Bars you will ever eat! These bars are delightful, delicious, and even a little nutritious. A great treat to make with the kids, too. Whenever I spot a bunch of brown bananas at the store or end up with some on my counter, I know exactly what I want to make: frosted banana bars! As much as I love banana bread (especially with chocolate chips), these banana bars are always on my mind.