Kulicha Iraqi cookies. Kleicha are about the most popular Iraqi date cookies. While they are typically eaten for Eid, the end of Ramadan, which is not this time of year, they are also eaten for a range of celebrations. If you're getting the family together whether it's for a wedding, birthday, or whatever else, you'll probably have kleicha.
Roll the dough like a jelly roll. Put the cookies on cooling rack. Store them in a cookie container. You can cook Kulicha Iraqi cookies using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kulicha Iraqi cookies
- You need 1 cup of mix butter and Ghee melt.
- You need 3 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3 teaspoon of powder milk if you don’t have you change the water to milk.
- It’s 11/2 tablespoon of green cardamom.
- You need 1 teaspoon of mahleb powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground fennel.
- You need 1 teaspoon of black sesame seed.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of yeast.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of + 2 tablespoon warm water.
- Prepare of 1 Filing.
- You need 2 cup of walnut chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 tablespoon of simple syrup.
- It’s of 2 Filling.
- It’s cup of date paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- It’s of Egg wash or milk wash.
Kulicha Iraqi cookies Celebrating Christmas with theses delicious cookies. Layla Al Dabean Zawaideh West Bloomfield Township, Michigan. Even though I loved the version I made last year, I wanted to outdo myself. Since the time of the Babylonians, kleicha has been a special treat in Iraq.
Kulicha Iraqi cookies instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients and start with melt butter slowly then start adding the water dough have to rest an half hour.
- The dough cut into small golf size then flattened gently cut by cutter then fill each with 1 teaspoon of walnut Stuffing and fold then press the edges and egg or milk wash the top.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450 f keep watching.
- Second filling just flatten the dough and scoop the date and flatten on top and rolled it as log and cut and cook.
- Had extra dough I just flatten it and cut star shape and cook it same temperature.
Iraqi date cookies called Kleicha are considered to be the national cookie of Iraq. Iraq is one of the top three producers of dates in the world. This is a traditional recipe and there are many variations. The dough comes out like a puff pastry and the cookie reminded me of nazook, which was one of my favorite desserts from Armenia. Celebrating Christmas with theses delicious cookies Layla Al Dabean Zawaideh.