Snickerdoodles. This snickerdoodle cookie recipe makes treats that are perfectly soft in the middle with a bit of crunch around the edges. The sweet cinnamon-sugar coating makes them a sure crowd-pleaser! Learn how to make these amazing old-fashioned snickerdoodles with or without cream of tartar.
You Are Going To Love This Easy Snickerdoodle Recipe! Like a sugar cookie wrapped in a cinnamon sugar hug, these My recipe yields the softest and thickest snickerdoodles you'll ever taste. Super Soft And Full Of Cinnamon – This Snickerdoodle Cookie Recipe Is Sure To Be A Hit! You can cook Snickerdoodles using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Snickerdoodles
- It’s 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pure vanilla.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, beaten.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 Tbs of baking powder.
- You need 3 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare of For coating:.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 Tbs of cinnamon.
- It’s Pinch of nutmeg.
They're One Of Our Most Requested Cookie Recipes And Always Get So Many Compliments! To me, Snickerdoodles are the quintessential Christmas cookie. Most of all, snickerdoodles remind me of baking with my mom around the holidays, and therefore will always be the top cookie in my book. The BEST Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever!
Snickerdoodles step by step
- Preheat oven to 350.
- With electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add nutmeg, vanilla and egg. Mix thoroughly.
- Add powder and mix.
- Add flour slowly, and scrape down mixer as needed.
- Scoop cookies, rolling each cookie into a ball with your hands.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg for topping.
- Roll each cookie in topping a d place on cookie sheet.
- They will not spread but will need to be flattened with a spatula before baking.
- Bake about 12 minutes, centers should be soft but not doughy..
- For traditional sugar cookies, just roll out and cut the dough into shapes. It won't need to be refrigerated. Frost or decorate as you like.
- For peppermint "kringles", omit nutmeg and use only 1 tsp of vanilla. Add 2-3 tsp peppermint extract and 1 tsp of red food coloring..
- Roll each kringle in red and green nonpareils or regular sugar instead of the cinnamon sugar.
Soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookies loaded with cinnamon-sugar. No chilling required so they can be made QUICK! A snickerdoodle cookie recipe that is thin and chewy and coated with cinnamon sugar. These snickerdoodle cookies are super easy to make, and they're a great treat to celebrate National Cookie Month this October! It has a characteristically cracked surface, and can be crisp or soft depending on preference.