Butterscotch Bars. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Just a hint when you're making these bars. I recommend under baking them just a little bit.
Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well. Lightly spoon the flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. It's easy, tasty and fun to share. You can cook Butterscotch Bars using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butterscotch Bars
- You need 2 Cups of + 2 TBSP All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of glucose syrup.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 3/4 cups of pecan, walnuts, or cashew nuts.
The maple flavoring adds a wonderful depth of flavor. I needed some treats to take to a neighbor today, and wanted to try something fast and easy. Oh man, are they ever good! The bars will stick to the pan if you forget! *Cut the bars while they are still warm.
Butterscotch Bars instructions
- Mix ingredients. Start with dry ingredients. Mix 2 eggs, butter, glucose syrup, vanilla and nuts..
- TIP: Always pour in the wet ones to the dry ingredients and don’t over mix it if you want to maintain the fluffiness..
- For glucose syrup, wet your hands first and use your wet hands to transfer syrup to the batter..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, 350 degrees F..
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well. Mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Coat the foil with cooking spray; set aside. These bars are so rich and gooey!