Oatmeal Cookies. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. And don't forget the walnuts and raisins.
Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add to sugar and egg mixture and mix well. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets, light-colored preferred. You can cook Oatmeal Cookies using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Oatmeal Cookies
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of quick cooking oats.
As any cookie baker knows, oats aren't just for breakfast; they lend an undeniable texture to any cookie recipe, making for rich, chewy creations that make everyone happy. Oatmeal cookies may appear nutritious compared to other decadent treats, but they still pack plenty of calories. If you are calorie-conscious, check out these healthy cookie recipes. Oatmeal cookies are perfect for experimentation and we have recipes that include chocolate chips, pecans, apple, coconut and more additions.
Oatmeal Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius..
- Cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla..
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Stir into the creamed mixture and mix in oats..
- Roll the dough into one inch balls and place on a greased baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball with the back of a fork..
- Chill dour for at least one hour..
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius for 8-10 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, and allow the cookies to cool on the sheet for around 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely..
My mom makes oatmeal cookies every year for Christmas. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Beat in the eggs, honey and vanilla. Stir together oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy with a brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon flavors.