Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake. This Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake recipe has vanilla cake, homemade chocolate ganache filling, creamy vanilla cheesecake, and it's topped with more chocolate ganache & pastry cream! If you love Boston Cream Pie, prepare to freak out over this cheesecake. Looking for something a little easier to make?
We're giving your traditional Boston cream pie an extra layer of creamy cheesecake flavor. This Boston Cream Cheesecake is easy to make with Betty Crocker's gluten free yellow cake mix. To print this recipe or for more of my gluten free recipes. You can have Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake using 24 ingredients and 25 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake
- Prepare of FOR VANILLA CAKE LAYER.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cake flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips, do not use regular, they will sink.
- You need of FOR CHEESECAKE LAYER.
- It’s 3 (8 ounce) packs of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s of FOR CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE.
- It’s 3/4 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of salted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare of FOR GARNISH.
- Prepare of Sparkle sugar, as needed.
- You need of Fresh berries, as needed.
- It’s of Whipped cream, as needed.
Meanwhile, make the cake: Preheat the oven to Remove the parchment paper from the top of the cheesecake and place onto a cake plate or cake stand. Top with the second cake layer and place in. This is a creamy cheesecake on top of a moist layer of cake topped with delicious chocolate ganache! And it's perfect because there is no custardy mess happening.
Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake instructions
- Spray a 9 inch springform pan with bakers spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together in a bowl flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with milk and stir just until blended. Fold in mini chips..
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until center is set and toothpick comes out clean. Cool on rack.
- Lower oven temperature to 325°F. Line a baking pan with foil. This is to protect and hold cheesecake while baking.
- MAKE CHEESECAKE LAYER.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in just until blended.
- Stir in sour cream until blended.
- Pour this cheesecake mixture over the cooled cake in spring form pan using an off set spatula to smooth and cover cake layer.
- Bake on foil lined pan 45 to 50 minutes until the outside edges appear set. Cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes then run a thin knife around edges of pan and realease sides of springform pan. Cool to room temperature before covering and refrigerating at least 6 hours or for best results overnight.
- MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE LAYER.
- Heat cream until hot but not boiling, add butter off hest and stir until smooth.
- Pour this hot mixture over chocolate chips, stir until smooth. Chill 10 to 15 minutes just until thick enough to spread.
- Spread over the top of the cheesecake layer and refrigerate until set.
- Decorate top with sparkle sugar, do this while chocolate is still not quite set so it sticks.
- Serve eith whipped cream and fresh berries.
Boston cream pie- not a pie, not cream, and probably not from Boston. I made this Boston Cream Pie Cheesecake this weekend and it was a hit! Thank you for sharing, I think the only issue I had was after adding the chocolate on top then refrigerating the chocolate was hard and did not cut well. Boston cream pie meets cheesecake in this layered dessert, featuring two layers of moist yellow cake, cheesecake and pastry cream, topped off with a silky chocolate ganache. A must make for Boston cream pie fans!