Healthy oatmeal cookies. Cuz these are not your ordinary oatmeal cookies! In fact, they are so healthy, I think you could very well refer to them as portable oatmeal! Not only that, but they also happen to taste absolutely fantastic.
Starting with these healthy oatmeal cookies with mini chocolate chips. We've been on a mission these past few weeks to figure out a way to make a healthier version of oatmeal cookies. Whereas traditional recipes usually call for a full stick (or more. You can have Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of raisins.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
The sweetness in this recipe comes from the carrots, apples How to Make Healthy Oatmeal Cookies Step-by-Step. Grate the apple and carrot using a grater or. These healthy oatmeal cookies are made without gluten, dairy, sugar or oil, but are packed with fiber! Enjoy them as a light breakfast or pre-workout snack!
Healthy oatmeal cookies instructions
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
Cookie's for breakfast, cookies for lunch, cookies, cookies coooookies!! I've also created variations of this, try my Chocolate Chip Healthy Oatmeal Cookie, and my PB & J Healthy Oatmeal Cookie.. Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Recipe (honey-sweetened), Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Skillet, Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Granola. Healthy Oatmeal Cookie SkilletErin Lives Whole. These healthy oatmeal cookies feature bananas, sunflower seeds, raisins, and coconut.