Lemon Bars. The bars will firm up as they cool. I especially love them at this time of year, because they're so. Lemon Bars are a favorite in my home.
Whenever you are craving for a refreshing dessert I suggest you try these lemon bars. They are made with a very flavorful and tangy lemon filling on top of. Ina Garten's Lemon Bars are easy to bake and make for the perfect picnic dessert, from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. You can have Lemon Bars using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lemon Bars
- You need of Crust.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Custard.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- You need of Powdered sugar.
This lemon bar recipe has a wonderful tangy flavor, and they're always a hit. The color and shape make them a nice addition to a platter of cookies. —Etta Soucy, Mesa, Arizona. This perfect Lemon Bars Recipe has two important things; the perfect amount of lemon and a rich Lemon Bars Recipe. Growing up in Minnesota I knew these as "lemon squares".
Lemon Bars step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients for the crust (softened butter, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar and salt)..
- Press the dough in an ungreased 9×13 inch pan. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough..
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes until firm and golden..
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, lemon juice, and white sugar. Then add the flour..
- Take the crust out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes..
- Pour the custard mixture in the baked crust and put it back in the oven for 15 mins..
- Let the lemon bars cool to room temperature..
- Cut the lemon bars into squares then sprinkle powdered sugar on top..
Also known as lemon squares, these Lemon Bars have the perfect ratio of lemon-custard and melt-in-your-mouth cookie in every bite. I love lemon bars, but they often fall by the wayside and get forgotten for months at a time in our I'm a little weird about lemon bars, in that I tend not to love them if they're made mostly of lemon filling. Watch the full instructional video and get the recipe here! Lemon bars are really easy to make and a delight to savour! Baked lemon bars will be stable and set at room temperature.