Polish chrusciki/ fried dough dessert. My Aunt had my Babcia's Chrusciki recipe, so my cousin and I made a batch over this past weekend. We used your video as a help. Thank you again for your video.
They are made from an egg yolk dough then rolled out super thin, cut into strips and deep fried. Chrusciki are traditionally made around Lent but we love to eat around Christmas as well. In any case, chrusciki seem to be yet another variation on the pre-Lenten fried pastries of many other central European cuisines. You can cook Polish chrusciki/ fried dough dessert using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Polish chrusciki/ fried dough dessert
- Prepare of dough.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 of egg yolks, beaten.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 2 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of powdered sugar or enough to coat final product.
Substitute vinegar for the rum, if desired. This helps the dough to puff up a little when it's fried. Editor's Note: To make the dough, combine egg yolks, whole egg and salt in bowl of mixer. Beat in sugar, cream, vanilla and rum.
Polish chrusciki/ fried dough dessert instructions
- Add salt to beaten egg yolks, beat until it thickens a bit..
- Add sugar, vanilla and continue to beat..
- Slowly add flour, sour cream until well blended..
- Knead dough on floured surface until dough shows little air bubbles..
- Divide dough into two. Roll each out thin like a pie crust to about14"by 4"..
- Cut into 4" strips.
- Deep fry until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels..
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
- ENJOY. FROM MY POLISH GRANDMA.
- Recipe by taylor68too.
My favourite Polish dessert I grew up with is called Faworki or Chrusciki. This traditional sweet crisp pastry is made out of dough that has been shaped into thin twisted ribbons. These ribbons resemble angel wings and this is how this pastry got its English name. Faworki are also popular at all kinds of family meal. In a large bowl, beat together the egg yolks, sour cream, white sugar, vanilla and whiskey until smooth.