Greek Almond Crescent Cookies. Like all cookies, when you take them out of the oven they will still be soft but as they cool, they will harden. They should rest for a few minutes to harden but The cookies are crispy and delicious. They are medium sweet, so if you want them sweeter you can add more sugar in the cookie dough or coat.
Almond crescents are a very basic tea cookie recipe. Kourabiedes – greek almond crescent cookies. Greek Almond Crescents are sweet little crescent shaped biscuits infused with orange zest and cinnamon that make a delightful tea time. You can have Greek Almond Crescent Cookies using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Almond Crescent Cookies
- It’s 1/2 c of ground almonds.
- Prepare 1 c of butter, softened.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 1 tbsp of brandy or 1 tsp vanilla.
- Prepare 2 c of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2-2 c of powdered sugar.
Almond Crescent Cookies, a must make melt in your mouth, shortbread type Christmas Cookie. Fast, easy and the perfect addition to your Cookie Tray. Almond Crescent Cookies – these traditional Austrian kipferl cookies are one of my favorite holiday cookies and take almost no time to prepare! I learned how to make these traditional Austrian cookies in culinary school years ago.
Greek Almond Crescent Cookies step by step
- Spread ground almonds in a shallow pan and toast in a 350F degrees oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned..
- In a bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy, then add the 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar and egg yolk, mixing well. Stir in brandy or vanilla and almonds..
- In another bowl, combine flour and baking powder, then gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, blending until smooth..
- Pinch off walnut-size pieces of dough and shape into crescents. Place on ungreased baking sheets, spacing cookies about 1 inch apart..
- Bake in a 325F degree oven for 30 minutes or until very lightly browned, then place baking sheets on racks and let cookies cool for 5 minutes..
- Sift about half the 1-1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar over wax paper and transfer cookies to it. Sift the remaining 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar over top to cover cookies. Let cookies stand in the sugar until they cool completely, then store in a tightly covered container..
These traditional cookies will almost melt in your mouth. To get the proper consistency in these cookies, make sure the almonds are finely ground, not chopped! Almond crescent cookies are delicate and will melt in your mouth. They are made with almond meal and are very easy to make. They are a great addition to any.