Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965. Check Out Russian Tea Cakes On eBay. Find Deals on Russian Tea Cakes Cookies in Groceries on Amazon. See more ideas about Vintage recipes, Recipes, Cooking recipes.
They literally melt in your mouth! These easy pecan finger cookies are also known as the Mexican Wedding Cookie or Russian Tea Cakes. The recipes for these three cookies are essentially the same. You can cook Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965 using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965
- It’s 1 cup of Eggs, whites and yolks mixed.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 4-6 Cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cups of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped almonds.
- It’s of Sugar and cinnamon.
The type of nut varies depending on which one you are making. After they bake they end up being a bite-sized little dome of nutty deliciousness. Lemon Meringue Pie – this recipe is a family favorite! It's an easy pie recipe with homemade lemon filling and sweet meringue.
Russian Tea Cakes from the settlement cookbook -1965 instructions
- Mix Eggs, sugar and cream, and add enough flour To make a dough that can be handled..
- Roll out 1/4- inch thick into a rectangle 3 times as long as wide..
- Spread half the butter thinly over the right – hand 2- thirds of the dough..
- Fold the left hand third over this..
- Roll out and chill..
- Repeat with remaining butter..
- Chill well..
- Divide dough into 4 parts..
- Roll each part into a rectangle, as thin as possible, sprinkle with some of the chopped almonds, sugar and cinnamon, and roll..
- Cut in slices, sprinkle with the rest of the almonds, sugar and cinnamon..
- Bake cut – side down on a baking sheet in a hot oven (400f) until delicately browned..
This is a family recipe – my Aunt Tootsie made it for years – and now the recipe is mine to share. Don't be scared of making Lemon Meringue Pie. Wise & Co., Inc., New York. Here's just one great recipe, for Easter Bread (Russian.) Yes, we have the cookbook. A heritage recipe from my Mama's collection, these tender pecan shortbread finger cookies are known by many names – pecan sandies, sand tarts, snowball cookies, pecan nougat cookies, Mexican hats, Mexican wedding cookies, Russian tea cakes, and down in Cajun country, cocoons.