Apricot Squares. Apricot Crumble Squares, apricot bars, apricot desserts, fresh apricot bars. How to make Apricot Crumble Squares (Save/Pin). Prepare your choice of apricots as suggested in the notes above.
Apricot squares are a baked dessert that consists of a crumbly crust layer and a sweet apricot layer. Memories of her mom's fruity date bars inspired Shannon Koene of Blacksburg, Virginia to create this wonderful recipe. Apricot Date Squares Recipe photo by Taste of Home. You can cook Apricot Squares using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apricot Squares
- It’s 2 sticks of butter (softened).
- Prepare 2 cups of flour.
- You need 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 1 (12 oz) of jar of apricot jam.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Finely chopped pecans (or walnuts, your choice).
- Prepare of Powered sugar.
Here's a great healthy way to satisfy it with apricots and dates. Perfect holiday sweets for an old-fashioned swap with Sprinkle top of apricot squares with confectioners' sugar. Make the best Apricot Meringue Squares with this easy recipe. Find thousands of free, expert-tested, printable recipes on Apricot Meringue Squares the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Apricot Squares instructions
- Cream butter with sugar, mix well.
- Add egg yolk, mix until fluffy.
- Add flour and mix until dough is formed. Dough will be soft when finished..
- Divide dough in half. Set one aside and flatten the other half in a 9×13 pan.
- Once flattened, spread your jam evenly over the dough..
- Sprinkle pieces of the other half of dough on top of the jam. Try to cover completely, as best as you can..
- Gently press down dough with a spatula.
- Add crushed pecans or walnuts.
- Set oven to 350° and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- When finished baking, dough should be a very light golden brown (almost the same color as they were when they went in the oven.. it'll be "hard" to tell if they're done, but if you see some of the apricot bubbling, they're done).
- Sprinkle on your powered sugar.
- Cut into 1 inch squares and enjoy!!.
In a small saucepan, place apricots and cover with water. Not quite a cookie, not quite a cake–enjoy them whenever you yearn for a treat. Our easy-to-make Puff Pastry-Apricot Squares are perfect for casual or formal entertaining. Using Wild Apricot's admin app and Square's Point of Sale app (formerly Register), you can accept credit card payments from your mobile device and record those payments in your Wild Apricot account. Add tropical flavor (plus an iron and fiber boost) to this delicious dish.