Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. With some many chocolate chip recipes out there, from crispy to chewy, big and small and super chocolaty, it's no wonder America's favorite cookie is the chocolate chip cookie. My favorite thing about chocolate chip cookies has to be the chocolate. The more chocolate, the better in my opinion.
My Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. It was Sunday night and I had to make cookies. I have been on a cookie kick lately much to my husband's detriment who is trying to lean up. You can cook Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You need 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- It’s 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.
He has amazing self control but he even succumbed to these. They kind of remind me of Paradise Bakery cookies except for they are BIG. Ball'em Up – To get your chocolate chip cookies big and fat, you'll need to use more dough for each cookie. Tee-totally prepared with a platter full of these big fat chewy chocolate chip cookies, and more for lunches later this week.
Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies step by step
- In small bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside..
- In medium bowl, cream together melted butter and all sugar until well blended..
- Beat in vanilla, egg, and egg yolk into sugar mixture until light and creamy..
- Mix dry ingredients into sugar mix until just blended..
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand with wooden spoon..
- When dough blended, seal bowl and chill overnight in refrigerator..
- Preheat oven to 325 F (165 C).
- Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper..
- Roll dough into 36 balls. Set balls onto cookie sheets 2 to 3 inches apart (12 balls per sheet)..
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes on center rack until cookie edges are lightly toasted..
- Remove cookies from oven and cool for 3 to 5 minutes on cookie sheet..
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to finish cooling..
- Repeat steps 9 through 12 until all dough is cooked. Makes 36 cookies..
And some more for Mommy's secret chocolate chip cookie stash because sometimes she needs a little pick-me-up and almonds just don't cut it (Dear Food Editors at All Women's Magazines: please stop pretending like. Best big, fat, chewy chocolate chip cookies. The best cookies are not too thick, but not too thin. Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and set aside. Grease baking trays or line with baking paper.