Big Chocolate Chip Cookies. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. Enjoy This Crisp Sandwich Cookie With Creamy Chocolate-Flavored Filling. Test Kitchen Tips; Learn more about baking cookies with our ultimate guide.
That's how big these cookies are, in case you were wondering. Whatever you want to call them, they're large and in charge. With some many chocolate chip recipes out there, from crispy to chewy, big and small and super chocolaty, it's no wonder America's favorite cookie is the chocolate chip cookie. You can cook Big Chocolate Chip Cookies using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Big Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of white sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips.
My favorite thing about chocolate chip cookies has to be the chocolate. The more chocolate, the better in my opinion. See Alton Brown's Chocolate Chip Cookie show/recipes on the Food Network. He explains how the different shortenings effect the cookies outcome.
Big Chocolate Chip Cookies instructions
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Grease cookie sheet or line with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes in preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Sieve the plain flour with the baking powder and salt. Bake a birthday cookie cake that's quick and easy to transport. Giant Chocolate Chip Cookies might be as big as your face! They're ultra rich and thick, crisp at the edges, gooey in the middle, and chewy throughout. Mix together the dough, press it into a circle (or into a springform pan) and bake.