brown butter snickerdoodle cookies. These snickerdoodle cookies are rolled in cinnamon sugar for a crunchy exterior with a chewy middle. These incredible cookies will be your new go-to snickerdoodle recipe! I have been playing in my kitchen like crazy these days.
Lately I've been on a bit of a cookie craze. It might not look like it on the blog, but if you follow me on instagram and took a look at my stories, you. Simple to make, egg free cookies, made with real ingredients. You can have brown butter snickerdoodle cookies using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of brown butter snickerdoodle cookies
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 2 tsp of cream of tartar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of butter, unsalted.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of greek yogurt, plain.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
Just when you think they can't get any better you take your first. These cookies are crispy on the outside and soft inside! They will look a bit underdone in the middle but will. I love making my favorite holiday cookies, but I also enjoy trying new cookie recipes every year.
brown butter snickerdoodle cookies step by step
- whisk together the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt. set aside.
- melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. the butter will begin to foam. make sure you whisk constantly during this process.
- after a couple of minutes the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan. continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma. you want a rich brown color. immediately transfer the butter to a bowl to prevent burning. set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- with a mixer, mix butter, brown sugar, and 1/2 cup sugar until well mixed.
- add egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt. mix well.
- add dry ingredients slowly (1/4 cup at a time) and mix on low speed just until combined.
- chill dough for at least 3 hours in the fridge (important step).
- preheat oven to 350.
- once dough is chilled, measure about 1 tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball.
- mix 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoon cinnamon in a bowl.
- roll dough balls into cinnamon sugar mixture.
- place balls on a cookie sheet.
- bake 8-11 minutes or until edges of cookies begin to turn golden brown (bake longer if you want crispier cookies).
- remove from oven and let cool on the sheet for 2 minutes.
- remove from sheet and set on wire rack to cool completely.
- enjoy :).
It's a bit like two cookies in one – the sweet cinnamon. I don't remember how I stumbled upon this recipe for soft snickerdoodle cookies, but I had it saved for quite some time and was very excited to finally give it a try. Snickerdoodles are also called Snipdoodles or Cinnamon Sugar Cookies. The BEST Snickerdoodle cookie recipe ever! Want to share a photo of what.