Napoleon dessert. Napoleon Cake is traditional French dessert (Mille-feuille) that consists of several, flaky and crispy layers of Puff Puff Pastry filled with thick layers of pastry cream, with the top layer being covered in. This Strawberry Napoleon dessert (also known as mille feuille) is a simple French dessert using puff. The mille-feuille (French pronunciation: [mil fœj], "thousand-sheets"), vanilla slice or custard slice, similar to but slightly different from the Napoleon, is a French pastry whose exact origin is unknown.
The general concensus among the food history books is that napoleons, a popular flaky pastry dessert, were not named for the famous emperor. A delicious dessert, fast and very simple to make. My mom makes a similar cake and also calls it Napoleon Torte. You can have Napoleon dessert using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Napoleon dessert
- It’s 1 packages of puff pastry.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of half and half cream.
- You need 2 large of egg yolks beaten.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/4 cup of whipping cream.
- Prepare 1 pinch of confectioners' sugar.
Napoleon dessert instructions
- First cut pastry in squares and poke with fork then bake puff pastry as instructed by box.
- Then mix sugar, flour, and salt in a bowl. Once combined add half and half cream.
- Place mixture in saucepan until thicken and slowly add egg yolk, vanilla, and whipping cream one by one. Set aside to cool down until thicken. Can also place in frig to expedite time..
- Once pastries are cooled down, grab two pastry and put cream in between both pastry. Pinch some confectioners sugar on top, and that is it. Enjoy..