Thumbprint Cookies. Check Our Step-By-Step Guide To Bake Up A Sweet Treat For Your Loved Ones. Perfect Thumbprint Cookies "Perfect—tastes fantastic and looks beautiful! Rosenmunnar (Swedish Thumbprint Cookies) "A dream!
Thumbprint cookies are also perfect for any party or get together since people can customize cookies with their favorite nuts and jams or jellies. Just turn up the music, get your hands a bit dirty, and have a baking party! Taste of Home has the best thumbprint cookie recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. You can cook Thumbprint Cookies using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thumbprint Cookies
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened.
- You need 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 2 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Jelly or jam of your liking.
Carrot Spice Thumbprint Cookies Carrot cake is a family favorite, and these delicious cookies taste just like it with shredded carrots, dried cranberries, toasted walnuts, cinnamon and cloves. Roll in egg white, then walnuts. Put jelly or preserves in each thumbprint. Transfer sheets to a wire rack to cool slightly.
Thumbprint Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Combine brown sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and egg yolks in a medium bowl..
- Using a mixer, or your utensil, mix the ingredients until smooth..
- Add flour and salt to the mixture gradually. Sifting the dry ingredients into the wet batter may help. Be sure you mix in between each addition!.
- Once the mixture has a doughy texture shape the cookie batter into small one inch balls. After the balls are on the pan push a hole into each ball, if using your finger place finger in flour first to make a clean hole, and to avoid a mess! Then add your jelly or jam and place in the holes..
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until light brown.
The only thing better than a cookie is a cookie with filling. These sweet thumbprint cookies are fun to make—the name says it all!—and look great on any holiday table. MORE+ LESS- Mix in flour a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms. Use your thumb or an instrument of similar size to make a thumbprint or well in the centre of each cookie. Dip each into egg white; roll in nuts.