Sprinkles n Cake Sugar Cookies. The use of cake flour and sour cream create moist and tender treats that can be used for any occasion and really are the best sprinkle sugar cookies ever! A few special sugar cookie ingredients make these sugar cookies especially tender, chewy, flavorful, and full of oomph factor. These easy Sprinkle Cookies are super chewy, loaded with sprinkles and better than anything you'd get in a bakery!
Now they aren't boring or anything. Add sprinkles, chocolate chips (sugar coat them in red and blue) or frost with. These cookies were inspired by my love for sprinkles and vanilla. You can cook Sprinkles n Cake Sugar Cookies using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sprinkles n Cake Sugar Cookies
- Prepare of cookies!.
- It’s 1/2 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 2 of each egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of creme bouquet flavor (or butter / almond extract).
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 bunch of sprinkles!.
- You need of Optional.
- It’s 1/8 cup of sour cream, added this to see what happens.
That – and I needed something easy to whip up for a last minute celebration for a friend. I wanted that something to also be super fun and whimsical… so I decided on a simple vanilla sugar cookie amped up with colourful sprinkles… ummm yes! Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. This recipe starts with a basic sugar cookie dough.
Sprinkles n Cake Sugar Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg yolks and extract to creamed sugar.
- Add baking powder and salt while mixing.
- Slowly add flour until combined.
- Slowly add sprinkles to dough on last bit of mixing after flour just combines..
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place evenly on greased pan. mash slighty to flatten just a bit..
- Cook for 11min and start watching closely at 9min. these are done just before the edges brown, if you brown, you will frown!.
In addition to vanilla, I also add a tiny bit of almond extract. I absolutely love almond extract in a sugar cookie – feel free to leave it out, if you'd prefer. Allow the cookies to cool completely before breaking them up into sprinkles. Pick up the baked cookie sheets in segments and snap the sprinkles apart. These cookie sprinkles and candles can be made up to a week in advance and stored in an airtight container or zip-top bag at room temperature.