Nutella chocolate chip cookies. Enjoy This Crisp Sandwich Cookie With Creamy Chocolate-Flavored Filling. Try Our Yummy Crispy Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Buy Decorated Cookies at Amazon! How to Make Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I should really go back in and recreate that recipe with shiny new pictures, but I digress. Since I have a recipe for Soft and Chewy Nutella White Chocolate Chip Cookies that I love, I knew it would be perfect with just semi-sweet chocolate chips and no white chocolate. I also bumped up the amount of Nutella. You can have Nutella chocolate chip cookies using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Nutella chocolate chip cookies
- It’s 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 stick of unsalted butter.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of packed dark brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1 large of egg plus 1 egg yolk.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tbsp of plain Greek yogurt.
- You need 1 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.
- Prepare 1 jar of nutella, chilled in refrigerator.
- Prepare 1 of coarse sea salt for sprinkling.
The cookies are pillowy soft in the center, chewy around the edges, and Nutella keeps them super soft and moist. When you blend the Nutella with the egg whites, it's best to use a fork. Initially, these two ingredients will behave as is they don't want to blend together. After a few minutes of mixing with the fork, they will.
Nutella chocolate chip cookies step by step
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam. Make sure you whisk consistently during this process. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan; continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma. Immediately transfer the butter to a bowl to prevent burning. Set aside to cool for a few minutes..
- With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended. Beat in the egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt until combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low-speed just until combined. Gently fold in all of the chocolate chips..
- Chill your dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator, or place in freezer for 30 minutes if you are super eager, although I cannot promise the same results if you do this..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Once dough is chilled measure about 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Flatten the dough ball very thinly into the palm of your hand. Place 1 teaspoon of chilled nutella in the middle and fold dough around it; gently roll into a ball — it doesn’t have to be perfectly rolled! Make sure that the nutella is not seeping out of the dough. Add more dough if necessary. Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and flatten with your hand VERY gently. (Really only the tops need to be flattened a bit!).
- Bake the cookies 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown. They will look a bit underdone in the middle, but will continue to cook once out of the oven. Cool the cookies on the sheets at least 2 minutes. Sprinkle with a little sea salt. Remove the cooled cookies from the baking sheets after a few minutes and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough..
Nutella chocolate chip cookies are simply delicious. They are also easy to make as the cookie dough recipe is very basic but tasty. I usually make up a big batch on the weekend and eat them during the week. You won't regret making up these Nutella dilights. Nutella Filled Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies.