Have you ever made lemon curd in the microwave? It is so easy and just as good as its double boiler sister. The liners will help you get the cheesecake out of the pan without causing damage to the cake. You can have Mini Lemon Sponge Cheesecakes with Lemon Curd using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mini Lemon Sponge Cheesecakes with Lemon Curd
- Prepare 175 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 175 grams of Self-rising flour , sifted.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon zest.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsps of Lemon juice.
- You need 300 grams of Cream cheese , softened.
- You need 150 of Sour cream , softened.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of Salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of Lemon zest.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs large , room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Cornflour.
- It’s 1 cup of Caster sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cups of Lemon juice.
- You need 1¼ cups of Water.
- You need 2 tsps of Lemon zest , grated.
- It’s 3 of Egg yolks.
- You need 60 g of Unsalted butter , chopped.
These mini lemon cheesecakes are perfect for spring holidays, baby and bridal showers, and of course, brunch! Back again with another cheesecake recipe.. Mini Lemon Cheesecakes topped with homemade lemon curd and fresh raspberries creates the perfect dessert for any Mother's Day celebration. I come from a cheesecake obsessed family.
Mini Lemon Sponge Cheesecakes with Lemon Curd instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Then add vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Sift the flour and baking powder together, then add and beat just until combined..
- Place 1 tbsp -Depends on the size- in the bottom of each cavity of a mini cheesecake pan. You will have some batter leftover that will make great cupcakes!.
- Bake the sponge bases for 10 minutes while you make the cheesecake. Lower oven temp to 300°.
- In a medium-sized bowl beat the cream cheese and sour cream on medium-high speed until smooth. Blend in the sugar until well incorporated. Mix in the salt, vanilla, lemon juice and zest. Finally, beat in the eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping down the bowl after each addition. Careful not to over mix!.
- Spoon the cheesecake mixture onto the sponge bases, fill right to the top. Bake for 14 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow cheesecakes to cool in the pan in the oven..
- To make lemon curd, combine cornflour and sugar in a medium saucepan over low heat, then gradually stir in lemon juice and water and stir until smooth. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest, egg yolks and butter. Stir until melted. Cover with plastic wrap and cool to room temperature. When ready, add to buttercream, 1 tsp at a time, to taste.
- Finish with lemon curd on the top, and garnish with fresh raspberry and peppermint. Serve cool.
You will have some batter leftover that will make great cupcakes! Top them with some fresh whipped cream and berries for an easy dessert everyone will love! I think it's safe to say that the mini cheesecake obsession is still going strong! Meanwhile, to make the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Add in the sour cream, sugar, eggs, and lemon zest.