Japanese cotton cheesecake. Compare Prices on Japanese Cheesecake Pan in Bakeware. I did not know this Japanese baked cheesecake was called Cotton Cheesecake because in Japan, it is called soufflé cheesecake or baked cheesecake. Japanese cheesecake is very different from regular cheesecake.
JAPANESE COTTON CHEESECAKE RECIPE/ JAPANESE CHEESE SOUFFLE RECIPE. It's the perfect combination of sponge cake and cheesecake in both taste and texture. What I love about this scrumptious cake is it's not overly sweet as some cakes can be. You can cook Japanese cotton cheesecake using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Prepare 250 grams of cream cheese.
- You need 75 grams of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
- Prepare 20 grams of cake flour.
- Prepare 30 grams of cornstarch.
- You need 250 ml of milk.
- You need 75 grams of butter.
- You need 125 grams of egg whites.
- Prepare 100 grams of sugar.
Hi, thanks so much of sharing such details n wonderful Japanese cheese cake. The cheesecake turn out not cooked at all. Japanese Cotton Cheesecake; Laura's Newest Recipe. It incorporates the egg whites into the cake mixture and baked in a bain-marie (water bath).
Japanese cotton cheesecake instructions
- Whisk the room temperature cream cheese until soft. Set it aside. Wrap the bottom of a 8-inch round cake pan by aluminium foil. Line the pan with baking paper..
- Beat the egg yolk and add the condensed milk, shifted cake flour and cornstarch into it.(If you want the cake becomes more fluffy, you can add more cornstarch instead of cake flour). Mix well. Then mix it with the cream cheese..
- Heat the milk and butter together until it is slight boil. Add 1/3 of milk into the step2 mixture. Stir it fast. Add the remaining milk and stir. Then put it into the fridge until need..
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Whisk the egg whites with sugar until soft peak is formed. Add the egg whites into the step3 mixture in several times. Use the hand mixer to mix it genteelly by hand. Pour the mixture into the cake pan in step1 and put it in the oven pan. Pour some water in the oven pan..
- Bake the cake in 150°C for 15 min. Then bake it in 170°C for 25 min. Last, bake it in 180°C for 5 min..
Get Ready for the Best Japanese Cheesecake. A meringue is the secret to this light cheesecake. [Photographs: J. Kenji López-Alt] Love the flavor of cheesecake, but find it too rich? Then this lighter Japanese version is for you. Japanese cheesecake was originally called Souffle cheesecake in Japan and is also popularly called Cotton cheesecake.