Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies. Shortbread thumbprint cookie filled with raspberry jam, and drizzled with glaze. The first time I followed the recipe and my cookies were so flat the jam leaked through the. Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies – These are simply delicious and they definitely need to find a place on your holiday cookie tray!
Cookie season has arrived and boy oh boy I'm lovin' it! Bring on the baking, the decorating, and of course Thumbprint cookies are always popular during the holiday season. I knew these would be simply delicious based on the recipe, it is a very simple. You can have Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies using 16 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies
- It’s of for cookies.
- It’s 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 2 of large eggs, yolks and whites separated.
- You need 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of almond extract.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of finely ground almonds.
- You need 1/2 cup of seedless rasberry jam.
- Prepare of for the,white chocolate glaze.
- It’s 4 oz of white chocolate finely chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of cream, heavy, light or half and half.
- It’s of for the chocolate glaze.
- You need 4 oz of dark chocolate, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of crram, heavy, light of half and half.
This Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprint Cookie recipe is one of my favorite Christmas cookies! In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour and salt, set aside. Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies (Gluten-Free & Vegan). Today, I have a vegan and gluten-free version to add to my growing thumbprint recipe collection.
Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Line baking sheets with parchment paper..
- Whisk flour and salt in a bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg yolks and vanilla and almond extract, beat in..
- Add the flour/salt mixture and mix just until.well blended..
- Whisk egg whites until frothy..
- Have ground almonds spread out on a plate.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls. Dip each ball onto egg white..
- Then roll.each ball in almonds..
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared pans..
- With your thumb or better, the back.of a wooden spoon make an indentation in the center of the center of the cookie.ball..
- Fill indentation with raspberry jam..
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes until.set and light golden brown. Cool on wire rack before glazing..
- Make glazes.
- FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE GLAZE Heat cream to a simmer, add white chocolate. Whisk until smooth..
- FOR DARK CHOCOLATE GLAZE. Heat ccream to a simmer add chocolate and whisk until smooth..
- Working while glaze is warm.drizzle with dark chocolate glaze then white chocolate glaze.set sauce fortaleza to cool and set..
This time, I set my heart on making a thumbprint with a lovely raspberry almond flavour. The foundation for this amazingly simple (yet delicious) cookie is shortbread. I have always loved shortbread cookies, but after some research, I have a new found appreciation for them! After the raspberry almond thumbprint cookies have been baked to perfection, take them out of the oven. The prep time may seem quite long but it is all worth the wait!