Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies. I added almond paste in the dough to give the cookies an extra kick of almond flavor. It went perfectly with the chunks of chocolate almond toffee. I also added in chocolate chips, because you can never too much chocolate in a cookie.
The almonds, toffee and chocolate chunks are a winning combination for sure. Lightly grease baking sheets and set aside. Add eggs and vanilla, continue to beat until well blended. You can have Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies
- Prepare 2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- You need 1 cup of light brown sugar, packed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 of large egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 8 oz of Hersheys extra creamy milk chocolate with toffee and almonds nuggets, cut jn half. See direction step #6 for a photo of the candy.
- It’s of GARNISH.
- It’s 3/4 cup of decorative sugar and or sprinkles, I used red and green for Christmas.
Great recipe for Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies. These little toffee/almond chocolate nuggets from Hersheys are a favorite of my son and husband. So I added them to our favorite chewy cookie recipe for a Christmas Cookie. I cut them in half for a nice size chunk.
Toffee/Almond Chunk Cookies instructions
- Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk flour, baking soda and salt..
- In a large bowl beat butter with both sugars until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and beat in.
- Stir in flour mixture just into blended, don't over mix..
- Mix in chocolate toffee/almond nugget halfs.
- Place decorative sugar on a.plate.
- Roll cookie dough into 1 1/2 inch balls,place each ball in sugar.
- Roll in sugar to lightly coat all over.
- Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet , lightly press dough.ball.to flatten slightly.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes just until set and puffed any very light.golden, don't over bake for chewy cookies. Let cool in pan 5 minutes before transfering to wire rack to cool completely.
- These cookies freeze great so can be made ahead and be ready when you red them!.
As a follow-up to the Toffee Crunch Cookies from Sue, here's another cookie recipe that calls for chopped Heath Bars. Unlike Sue's Toffee Crunch Cookies which get a little crunch from the candy and nuts, Almond Toffee Crunch Cookies are sandy textured and crumbly Almond Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies – seriously delicious! Quick homemade cookies loaded with almond extract, sliced almonds and almond toffee bits. Can make ahead of time and freeze dough for later. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.