Cookie Butter Bread Pudding. Day-old bread works best in this recipe. You can top the pudding with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce, if you prefer. Sometimes I sprinkle brown sugar on top before baking the pudding (pic above).
This is the fourth of five finalist recipes for the Dairy Contest, the winner of which will be announced this Monday (Labor Day!) This recipe, submitted by Dani, appealed to me on many levels, not the least of which was that it resembles a similar recipe I've. I can't wait to make more of these cookies. While the recipe makes four you'll be hard pressed not to eat them all yourself. You can cook Cookie Butter Bread Pudding using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cookie Butter Bread Pudding
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil cooking spray.
- It’s 1 loaf of firm, high quality sandwich bread, cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- It’s 2 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 9 large of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 cup of trader joe's cookie butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of light brown sugar.
It was often served at our table growing up in Ireland. This is the epitome of bread pudding. It's so easy, so cozy, and so sticky in a way that can only be good with bread pudding. Now the weather is turning cold, our thoughts turn to the most comforting of comfort foods.
Cookie Butter Bread Pudding instructions
- Line crock pot with aluminum foil and coat with vegetable spray..
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 225°F..
- Spread bread over baking sheet and bake until dry and crisp, about 40 minutes..
- Let bread cool slightly, and then transfer to large bowl..
- Mix chocolate chips into dried bread. Transfer to crock pot..
- Microwave cookie butter 40-50 seconds..
- Whisk cream, milk, egg yolks, cookie butter, 3/4 c granulated sugar, vanilla and salt together in bowl..
- Pour mixture evenly over bread. Press gently on bread to submerge..
- Mix together tablespoon granulated sugar and light brown sugar..
- Sprinkle over top of bread mixture..
- Cover and cook until center is set, about 4 hours on low. Let cool 30 minutes before serving..
Bread pudding is a very personal thing, and you must figure out which flavors and textures most speak to you. I like to do banana Nutella bread puddings. Mix together the sugar and cinnamon. It's a bit like two cookies in one – the sweet cinnamon Snickerdoodles plus spiced. The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: Ingredients & Substitutions.