Chai Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ Ginger Crust. The Inspired Home is the choice for all your recipe needs. In a food processor (or by hand), process the cream cheese, sour cream, pumpkin and sugars until smooth. Line crust with foil; fill with dried beans or pie weights.
Add in the remaining amounts of spices and stir until combined. Pour pumpkin mixture over the top of the crust. Stir in milk into the cream cheese mixture. You can have Chai Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ Ginger Crust using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chai Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ Ginger Crust
- You need of Crust.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of gingersnap cookies (crumbed).
- Prepare 1/3 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter (melted).
- You need of Filling.
- You need 4 packages of cream cheese (8oz. ea).
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 3 of each eggs.
- You need 1 of each egg yolks.
- Prepare 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1 envelope of chai tea bag contents.
- Prepare pinch of salt.
- You need of Pan/Utensils.
- It’s 1 of 9"/23cm Spring-form pan.
- You need 1 of large oven casserole (for water bath).
- You need 1 of aluminum foil.
- It’s 1 of food processor or wire whip.
- It’s 1 of fine mesh sieve.
Drop mixture by spoonful over the top of the pumpkin mixture. Using a knife, swirl the cream cheese mixture through the pumpkin mixture. Preferably a gluten free graham cracker crust recipe. BUT, just like many things on this side of the internet (I'm looking at you Mexican zucchini lasagna and cauliflower tater tots) I MESSED WITH IT. [clickToTweet tweet="A slice of Chai Pumpkin #Vegan Cheesecake is the perfect, cozy fall dessert!
Chai Pumpkin Cheesecake w/ Ginger Crust step by step
- Preheat oven to 375ºF..
- Wrap the outside of a 9"/23cm spring-form pan with aluminum foil. (This will seal the pan so no water gets in, as the cake is baked in a water bath.).
- In a bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, sugar, and melted butter..
- Press the crust into the pan, letting it come about ¼-½ inch up the sides..
- Bake the crust until lightly golden, 5-6 minutes. Cool completely..
- In a food processor (or by hand), process the cream cheese, sour cream, pumpkin and sugars until smooth..
- Add the eggs and extra yolk one at a time, processing briefly between each addition..
- Add the vanilla, cinnamon, ginger, chai, nutmeg and salt. Process to combine..
- Strain the custard through a fine mesh sieve into the cooled crust..
- Transfer the pan to a large casserole and fill the dish with warm water so that it reaches a quarter of the way up the cake pan..
- Bake until the custard is set around the edge but still slightly loose in the center when jiggled, approximately 45 mins to 1 hour..
- Cool the cake at room temperature for 1 hour, then chill until set..
Or place wedges on plates and drizzle chocolate sauce overtop. Sift flour, ginger, and salt into medium bowl. For the crust: Combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until evenly mixed. Position racks in center and lower third of oven. Place a large roasting pan on the lower rack and fill halfway with water.