Banana Pudding Ice cream. This ice cream is made with an Ice Cream Maker, my favorite one is this Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. To give the banana flavor we're going to use…REAL banana!!! No actual pudding mixes were used in the making of this ice cream.
New Orleans native Charlie Andrews demonstrates on how to make my delicious Banana pudding ice cream. This banana pudding ice cream is amazing as is, but I decided to take it one step further and turn it into pie. I figured a Nilla wafer crust would be the perfect crunchy contrast to the custard. You can have Banana Pudding Ice cream using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Banana Pudding Ice cream
- Prepare 2 of very ripe bananas.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of Heavy Cream.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of of nutmeg.
- You need 1/8 tsp of of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of vanilla wafers.
- It’s 1 3/4 cup of Whole Milk.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
And garnished with a little wafer rim? You guys this ice cream cake really is amazing. The hubs and I are big, big banana fans and even bigger banana pudding fans. Moist vanilla cake paired with smooth banana pudding ice cream, then stuffed with chunks of banana & vanilla wafer!
Banana Pudding Ice cream step by step
- Combine the cream, milk, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan and warm over medium heat until the mixture is hot and the sugar dissolves, 4 minutes..
- Temper the eggs by slowly pouring ½ cup (118ml) of the warmed cream mixture into the yolks, whisking constantly until combined..
- Return the warmed yolks to the pan with the remaining cream mixture. Heat the custard over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the custard thickens and coats the back of a spoon..
- Remove from the heat and pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl..
- Cut the bananas into chunks and purée in a blender with the nutmeg and lemon juice until smooth. Add the hot milk mixture and blend to combine..
- Pour the custard into a medium bowl. Add the vanilla and stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight..
- Once chilled, pour the ice cream base into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. When churning is complete, gently fold in the vanilla wafers. Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours..
Banana Pudding Ice Cream Recipe without using ice cream maker. Summer is the season to just indulge in scoops after scoops of your favorite ice cream, explore new flavors, and just lick it and enjoy. And since their banana pudding ice cream is now available, I decided that even if I couldn't buy it at the store, I could at least try to make a batch at home. I usually make my ice cream with just cream and half and half, and don't bother making a custard with eggs. This recipe for banana pudding ice cream is Southern culinary perfection.