Grandma's Old Fashioned Pumpkin Cheesecake. It's pie you can find in the shiny, spinning dessert case at diners all across America. For a lot of us, it's also Grandma's pie. Make old fashioned cakes rarely seen today yet they're so delicious.
My husband just picked up the Turtle Cheesecake and the Key Lime Cheesecake. This is an old recipe for some GREAT cookies. Grandma often had a cookies jar full of these. You can have Grandma's Old Fashioned Pumpkin Cheesecake using 24 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grandma's Old Fashioned Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Graham Cracker Crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of ground pecans.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of canned pumpkin.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground mace.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground salt.
- Prepare 3 of (8oz pkgs) cream cheese.
- Prepare 3/8 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2 tsp of lemon extract.
- You need 1 of For the Whipping Cream you need.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 3 tbsp of confectioners sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
How to Make Grandma's Old Fashioned Soft Pumpkin Cookies. What better way to enjoy the cool fall weather than with a slice of pumpkin pie? Let The Cooking Kid, Chef Jacob show you how easy it is to make the perfect. Old-Fashioned Pumpkin Pie. featured in Thanksgiving Pies Around The US.
Grandma's Old Fashioned Pumpkin Cheesecake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F F(175 degrees C)..
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, ground pecans, 2 tablespoons white sugar, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, and the melted butter or margarine and mix well. Firmly press mixture into one 9 in. springform pan.
- Combine 3/4 cup of the white sugar, the pumpkin, 3 egg yolks, ground cinnamon, ground mace, ground ginger, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside..
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; gradually add 1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons white sugar and mix well. Add the whole egg, remaining egg yolk and the whipping cream beating well. Add cornstarch and vanilla and lemon flavorings, beat batter until smooth. Add pumpkin mixture and mix well, Pour batter into the prepared pan..
- Bake at 350°F F(175 degrees C) for 50 to 55 minutes. Do not over bake. Center may be soft but it will firm up when chilled. Let cheesecake cool on a wire rack, then refrigerate..
- Directions For Whipping Cream : In a chilled small bowl and with chilled beaters, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners sugar and vanilla, beat until peaks form. Store in the refrigerator..
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the pumpkin and sugar-spice mix and whisk to combine. This is absolutely the BEST homemade pumpkin pie recipe! Make it with canned or fresh pumpkin puree and up to several days ahead. Thanksgiving pie never looked so good or so easy.