Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream. Preparation In a medium saucepan, combine the milk and cream. No Churn Honey Cinnamon Ice Cream. Cinnamon and honey combine for the perfect ice cream flavor.
MORE+ LESS Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream. Be the first to review this recipe. Heat milk in a two-quart saucepan over medium heat, but do not boil; stir in cinnamon, honey and salt. You can have Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream
- Prepare 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 3 cup of half and half cream.
- Prepare 8 of egg yolks.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey.
My husband goes to our local ice cream store at least once a week to get a cup of yogurt gelato, so we were inspired to make our own version using honey to sweeten it and giving it some added depth with cinnamon. It's heavenly and those are the only ingredients. Since this gelato is made with greek. Homemade cinnamon ice cream with a custard base, cream, milk, sugar, and cinnamon.
Cinnamon Honey Ice Cream step by step
- Pour the heavy cream and half-and-half cream into a heavy saucepan, place over medium-low heat, and heat until barely simmering, stirring frequently. Turn the heat down to low..
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and honey in a large bowl until thoroughly combined..
- Slowly pour about 1/2 cup of hot cream mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly. Repeat three times more, whisking thoroughly before adding each additional 1/2 cup of hot cream to the egg yolk mixture. (Keep a solid hold on your measuring cup – this liquid is HOT).
- Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining hot cream, and whisk constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture thickens and will coat the back of a spoon, 5 to 8 minutes. Scrape bottom and sides occasionally with a spatula to avoid egg-iness. Do not let mixture boil..
- Pour the ice cream base into a bowl and allow to cool for about 20 minutes; place in refrigerator and chill overnight. The next day, pour into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Remove the ice cream, pack into a covered container, and freeze for 2 hours or overnight before serving..
Is it ice cream season yet? Time to pull out the ice cream maker! Please welcome Simply Recipes contributor Garrett McCord as he shares his recipe for cinnamon. Its frozen cinnamon honey creaminess should be slowly savoured inside despite the cold dark miserable day outside. My mum makes this ice cream to accompany apple strudel at Christmas.