Thumbprint Cookies. Get Thumbprint Cookies today with Drive Up, Pick Up or Same Day Delivery. Perfect Thumbprint Cookies "Perfect—tastes fantastic and looks beautiful! Rosenmunnar (Swedish Thumbprint Cookies) "A dream!
Thumbprint cookies are also perfect for any party or get together since people can customize cookies with their favorite nuts and jams or jellies. Just turn up the music, get your hands a bit dirty, and have a baking party! Taste of Home has the best thumbprint cookie recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. You can cook Thumbprint Cookies using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thumbprint Cookies
- It’s 226 grams of Butter, room temperature.
- You need 100 grams of White sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Egg yolks, room temperature.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of Almond extract.
- Prepare 260 grams of All purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt (can omit if using salted butter).
- It’s 240 ml of Jam, as needed (you probably won't need this much) I used strawberry fruit spread.
Carrot Spice Thumbprint Cookies Carrot cake is a family favorite, and these delicious cookies taste just like it with shredded carrots, dried cranberries, toasted walnuts, cinnamon and cloves. Roll in egg white, then walnuts. Put jelly or preserves in each thumbprint. Transfer sheets to a wire rack to cool slightly.
Thumbprint Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Add butter to bowl and mix for a few seconds until soft. Make sure to scrape down the bowl occasionally..
- Add sugar at once to the butter and cream for 5 minutes or until pale and fluffy. Remember to scrape down the bowl..
- Add egg yolks one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Also add the extracts..
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and salt together with a whisk or a sifter. Add the flour mix to the butter mix. Dough will look crumbly at first, but will then become sticky..
- Place bowl in fridge for about 10 minutes or until the butter firms up and it's easy to shape into balls..
- Once the dough is firm, scoop out with a small spoon and form into balls onto a prepared baking sheet..
- Once all the dough is formed, either take the back of a spoon or a clean finger and press down on the tops of the balls, forming an indentation. If the sides crack, do your best to shape the edges. You want a good sized well to hold your jam..
- Place a spoonful of jam in each indentation. Make sure not to fill them too much or the jam will bubble out..
- Place in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Cookies will be done when they're set with a very light brown on the edges and the jam starts to bubble..
- Let cool and enjoy! With the jam, these cookies last a few days before making the cookies too soft and crumbly. If you prefer, you can fill the cookies after you baked them. You can also did what I did and give them a drizzle. Some leftover dark chocolate ganache compliments the sweet strawberry jam..
The only thing better than a cookie is a cookie with filling. These sweet thumbprint cookies are fun to make—the name says it all!—and look great on any holiday table. MORE+ LESS- Mix in flour a little bit at a time until a soft dough forms. Use your thumb or an instrument of similar size to make a thumbprint or well in the centre of each cookie. Dip each into egg white; roll in nuts.