Thumb print jam cookies. Some recipes for thumbprint cookies call to bake the cookie dough before adding the jam, but we like adding the jam pre bake so that it gets nice and warm and bakes into the. Thumbprint cookies are a Christmas tradition. Use your favorite jam to fill them, or use Remove cookies from oven.
I have been making these Thumbprint Cookies since college, and they never get old! These Thumbprint Cookies are perfect for the holidays or any occasion! I filled these cookies with strawberry and apricot jam, but you can fill them with just about any flavor. You can have Thumb print jam cookies using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thumb print jam cookies
- Prepare 1 cup of unsalted butter at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 2 2/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mixed fruit jam.
Jam Thumbprint Cookies from Barefoot Contessa. In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the… Thumbprint Cookies are a very popular holiday cookie. Although I have filled the cookies with raspberry jam, feel free to use any flavor of jam. Do you want an easy and simple recipe to make some delicious jam thumbprint cookies.
Thumb print jam cookies step by step
- Cream butter using a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment on medium speed. Add sugar and beat until smooth. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla essence, one at a time. Mux until incorporated..
- Combine flour, salt and ground walnuts in a separate bowl and whisk until uniform. Slowly add flour mixture to the butter. Mix until dough pulls away from side of the bowl. Knead a few times and chill dough for 1 hour..
- Preheat oven to 350 ºf and lightly grease a cookie sheet..
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart. Make an indentation In the center of each ball and fill with 1/4th teaspoon of jam..
- Bake for 14 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool. Serve with coffee or tea.
Well here is a recipe that will teach you how to make some yummy cookies for any. You can certainly use any flavor jam you like best! These simple, delicious jewel-hued cookies are my new favorite for the holidays, and after one bite. Jam thumbprint cookies are so easy to make. You can fill the thumbprint with nuts, chocolate or in this case, homemade strawberry jam.