Creme brulee bars. Read Customer Reviews & Find Best Sellers. These Creme Brulee Cookie Bars are filled with rich vanilla creme brulee flavor. The custard is a fairly basic crème patissiere.
To a large bowl, add all the crust ingredients and stir to combine until a thick dough forms. Make sure all of your ingredients are completely at room temperature. The cream cheese specifically needs to be totally softened. You can cook Creme brulee bars using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creme brulee bars
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of butter.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 of egg yolks.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 3/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 cup of prepared vanilla pudding.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of sugar.
If it's a cold day, then the cream cheese will need to sit on the counter for several hours or you may need to nuke it in the. Sprinkle each square with an even layer of sugar and melt sugar with a culinary torch (it will melt into beads then bubble, then caramelize and turn to a smooth surface). Use a culinary torch to evenly brown the sugar on bars.* Use edges of foil to lift uncut bars out of pan. (Or preheat the broiler. Use edges of foil to lift uncut bars from pan.
Creme brulee bars step by step
- Make the crust by combining first 3 ingredients (flour, brown sugar, and butter) and press into a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes until crust is slightly golden..
- Beat eggs, yolks, and sugar with an electric mixer. Set aside..
- Cook 1 cup of heavy cream in a sauce pan until it's almost boiling but not yet..
- Turn the electric mixer back on and very slowly add the hot heavy cream to the egg/sugar mixture. Don't add it too fast (especially at the beginning) or it could cook the eggs..
- Fold in the other 2 cups of heavy cream (cold) and the vanilla..
- Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a small bowl..
- Beat the flour mixture into the batter..
- Add the batter to the crust and bake at 325 for about 40 minutes. The top should be golden/slightly brown and the batter should be stable..
- Let the bars cool and refrigerate until almost ready to serve..
- When ready to serve, spread about a 1/4 inch layer of pudding over the bars. Then coat with plenty of sugar. If you have a kitchen torch, use that to caramelize the sugar. If you don't you can broil it on high for a few minutes. The first time I did this, it caught on fire so I'd recommend the blowtorch!.
- Allow it to sit at room temperature for a couple minutes until sugar hardens..
Sprinkle top of bar with brown sugar. Top the bars generously with granulated sugar. Using a kitchen torch, carefully torch the sugar until it becomes brown and bubbles. Great recipe, when following the modifications suggested by chefpone in the earlier reviews. To stop the custard cooking again when you caramelise the sugar under the grill/broiler, pack the tray around the dishes of creme brulee with ice.