Almond shortbread lemon curd tart. Find Deals on Tart Lemon Curd in Jams & Spreads on Amazon. This is the same recipe as my gluten-free lemon bars, just in a different shape! Place the cookies and almonds into a food processor and pulse to chop fine.
This tart comes together incredibly quickly and easily because the filling or the crust do not need to be pre-cooked. Blend the filling together in a food processor or blender and pour it straight into the unbaked crust to set up in the oven. Great recipe for Almond shortbread lemon curd tart. You can cook Almond shortbread lemon curd tart using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Almond shortbread lemon curd tart
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 3/4 cup of finely ground almonds (almond meal).
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar (i used 1/4 cup xylitol and 1/4 cup Splenda).
- You need 12 tbsp of butter (1 1/2 stick) softened and cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 6 of lemons.
- It’s 1 cup of sugar (again i used half half xylitol and splenda).
- You need 8 of egg yolks.
- You need 8 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 pints of blueberries.
And idea stroked when I saw bag of lemons on sale in my grocery store yesterday- lemon curd! This lemon tart is for you!! It's, by far, one of my favorites desserts to date. The recipe is basically my lemony lemon bars transformed into a tart.
Almond shortbread lemon curd tart instructions
- Cream 12tbsp of butter with 1/2 cup sugar. When lighter in color start adding flours and salt. It will come out kind of crumbly but when squish it in your hand should hold together..
- Preheat oven to 350 and press the shortbread mixture to a pie plate, bottom and about 1/2inch up the sides. Bake for 10-15 min, until edges just slightly colored..
- Now start with curd. With veggie peeler peel skin from lemons(try not to get too much white stuff). After peeling cut lemons in half and juice them.
- Throw lemon skins with 1cup sugar into food processor and pulse until skins are completely blended with sugar and no large pieces left, about 2-3 min.
- Now start adding 8tbsp softened butter and keep blending. When creamed add egg yolks, one at a time..
- When everything incorporated add lemon juice and salt blend few more seconds.
- Put the lemon curd mixture into saucepan and simmer stirring constantly for about10min. It will have a texture of looser pudding..
- Pour curd into baked shell and sprinkle with blueberries. Bring back to oven for 10more min..
- Cool on a counter and then put in the refrigerator for few hours, it will be easier to cut. Enjoy.
And the best part is that the shortbread crust is made with gluten-free flour plus almond flour. Whisk together eggs, sugar, lemon juice and orange zest. With creamy, tangy lemon curd and a salty-sweet almond flour shortbread crust, these gluten-free lemon bars are just the thing to make when life hands you all the lemons. Thanks to Vermont Creamery for sponsoring this post! My Best Gluten-Free Lemon Bars Recipe.