New York Cheesecake. Yes, we all know cheesecake is the best but it's also a STRUGGLE to make. They either turn out under baked, over baked, over mixed, or cracked on top. Authentic New York Cheesecake is a tall, dense, and incredibly creamy style of cheesecake that New York Cheesecake Overview.
But there is a difference that. There's nothing better than a great piece of New York Cheesecake! This New York Cheesecake has three layers, starting with a Graham Cracker Crust. You can cook New York Cheesecake using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of New York Cheesecake
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Graham Crackers Crumbs.
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cinnamon.
- It’s 33/100 cup of Melted Butter.
- It’s of Filling.
- Prepare 5 packages of (8oz.) Cream Cheese.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Room Temp. Sour Cream.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Lemon Juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 large of Eggs Yolks.
- You need 6 large of Eggs.
This cheesecake is very good on its own, or you can serve it with fresh berries or a fruit sauce. There are cheesecake recipes and then there are New York cheesecake recipes—rich, dense and creamy and oh-so-impressive, though they're quite simple to make. So, it's no surprise that a real New York-style cheesecake is considered by many to be simply the best. For the perfect New York Cheesecake, be sure to bake it in a water bath.
New York Cheesecake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare one 9-inch round cheesecake pan or springform pan with 3-inch sides; use a pastry brush to butter the sides and bottom of pan with 1 tablespoon of melted butter..
- Graham Cracker Crust:In a small mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Stir until thoroughly mixed and mixture is crumbly.Bake: Pour the graham cracker crumb mixture into the springform pan. Using the back of a large spoon or the flat bottom of a measuring cup or drinking glass, press the crumb mixture firmly and evenly across the bottom of the pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet; bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire cooling rack to cool.When cooled, wrap bottom and sides of pan in a double layer of heavy duty aluminum foil to prepare for the bain marie water bath. The foil is to prevent any water from seeping into the cheesecake through the pan seams.Reduce oven to 325°F..
- Cream Cheese Filling:In a large bowl, add the cream cheese and sugar; mix on medium low speed with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes. Scrape the mixture off the paddle and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula so the mixture blends evenly and there are no lumps.Add the sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla; continue beating on medium low speed until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute.Add the egg yolks; beat until combined, about 1 minute. Add the eggs 2 at a time, beating until thoroughly combined, about 1 minute, scraping the bowl between additions. Tip: crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk with a fork to thoroughly break up the egg before adding to the cheese mixture. Tip: Do not overbeat the cheesecake batter. Blend the ingredients quickly to add as few air bubbles as possible. The ingredients must be well blended, but excessive beating creates too many air pockets which can cause the cheesecake to puff up too much during ba.
- I topped mine with strawberry Syrup found in the pancake Aisle . SO yummy also you can add Fresh Strawberries like then one i made the second time..
Here's exactly how to do it. Learn How to Make a New York Cheesecake Recipe From Scratch! If you love cheesecake (and who doesn't?), this is a recipe to try. Creamy and sweet, it's the gold standard for all cheesecakes! New York-Style Cheesecake (Without Sour Cream)Yummly.